Sunday, March 18, 2007

Feelings, Who Can Trust Them???

Emotions are a gift--but sometimes they can run away with us. From my own experiences in life, I have found that depression can cast a very dark shadow on all my thoughts. Knowing more about mental illness and brain disorders has given me more liberty to be who I am called to be. I can now check out my feelings in the light. I can begin to incorporate better coping skills today than I ever did in the past. I am better equipped to communicate my feelings (using the first person) not placing blame on anyone else or pointing fingers at them--because 3 point back at me.

I am learning to respect others feelings and some I even choose to love from a distance. I know that I can only change myself and my reaction. It is a healthier place for me to be in today. Recovery is a daily journey. Some days are more difficult than others. I am blessed to have the loving support of my family and my NAMI, KY CAN, REACH KY and Leadership Academy family members as well.

Reach out and know that others are there for you and you are not alone!

Blessings,

Yondi

No comments: