Thursday, March 15, 2007

RESTLESS

Hi all,
I have been so RESTLESS since our last Board Meeting a few days ago. I am stuck between disbelief and a smoldering anger that the "new" Eastern State Hospital, which I thought was simply a done deal is not quite such a done deal at all. Now, I might be an attorney by trade, but I admit to being somewhat naive when it comes to the politics of life and/or the life of politics.

However, sometimes a lot of dissatisfaction can morph into even greater inspiration. This is the transformation I hope to make. So, please wish me success and I will be hoping for a similar result for all of you reading this blog. Let's not permit this historic opportunity to pass us by. Let's pull together and create a push for what is right in the adequate treatment for the severely mentally ill like never before. So, join me in writing our government representives and asking them to not just tout "holding their heads up high" after scandal in t.v. commercials, but to actually have a reason to "hold their heads up high" by leaving a legacy like no other. We must replace Eastern State! The fact that we haven't yet is the true scandal and a blight on our state and community. If you never try to affect a change, you are assured only failure. So I say let's keep a tryin'!

Sincerely inspired,
Brandie

No comments: